steel stud sleepers for basement

Page 2 of 2

Ever hear of rust?
If you put some type of flooring over the water, you will have a mold farm. This is a bad idea. Fix the leak, add a sump, or forget about finishing this space.
As others have said you don't want to seal in a wet space. What about floor tile and indoor/outdoor carpet. If the carpet gets wet, you can haul it outside to dry.

I have tile of some sort in the basement, came with the house, and when the floor got wet, several of the tile came loose. Sadly, all 4 of the tiles at the bottom of the stairs and at the door to the laundry came loose and broke into several or many pieces. They must have been almost broken already from my walking on them, but when the adhesive failed, 4 went into so many pieces I can't even find them let alone reassemble them.
Is there any chance of installing a cloth wick that will soak up the water and bring it up to some place it will evaporate from.

NO NO NO waste of $$$ do NOT attempt to finish a space with active water trouble!!!
Tile does come lose from floor!
Theres no way to wick it away!
Where you get regular water in what happens with a severe storm?
Might end up with 5 inches of water mold mildew that can make you ILL:(
FIRST fix the water problem THEN do the remodel! Your better off to wait a bit to confirm all the water is completely gone!
When you see water on the floor what you cant see is directly under the floor its ALL water!