Steel roof strapping

Hi, we want a steel rood for the cottage. We had several contractors come and quote. All but one want to use 1x4 strapping. One wants to do

2x4. What would be the benefit of using the 2x4, other than the price difference. We have cathedral ceilings, with one side sloping toward North. Winds can be strong, but are slowed down by huge spruces that grow on that side. Thanks Folks!
Reply to
gimmeroof

I am going to assume that your roof has plywood or osb sheathing on it in good condition. If that is the case, then I think there would be minimal advantage to 2x strapping.

Reply to
marson

Hi,

2 x 4 will give more air gap. Other than that I have no clue. My cabin has 1 x 4. Almost 7 years since it's built and no roof trouble.
Reply to
Tony Hwang