Steel or bronze hinges

Hi,
For an outswing exterior door, without a storm door or an overhead cover, in a Philadelphia, PA climate: how critical would it be to purchase a bronze rather than a steel hinge. Steel non-removable pin hinges are $7 and bronze are $30.
Thank you for your advice,
Sam

Not critical. It would take a long time for the hinge to rust out. As far as the non-critical aspect, how are you with the appearance of rust and it possibly bleeding onto the painted door?
Sam Takoy wrote:

Quite the price difference, even more so if you're installing 2 or 3 of them for this door.
I'd go with the steel. Other than some discoloration (ie - rust) over time, it's going to keep working for you assuming you give it some oil when you first install it. If this is a door that's going to be opened every day (or even once a week) it's not going to seize up on you.

I'd go with steel and lube it every year in the fall. Unless it is a really classy door and you really want the bronze appearance, but if that was the case, you'd not be asking.

For my $.02 worth. I would go steel and spray them with Krylon Epoxy paint before installing. I have used this paint for all our kitchen utensils that have wood handles. Many years through the dishwasher and still in good condition. WW

You can buy stainless 4" butts at Lowes/HD and they will last forever

Stainless?