Steel entry door

My home has a steel entry door that is 21yrs in use. Question: does/can/will the insulation between the steel panels deteriorate over time? I know my hearing isn't getting better as I age, so I'm wondering if the insulation has failed. The sidewalk is 30' from the door and I hear the 'goingson' clearly/loudly. The door is well-sealed against air-drafts. If I put my ear to the inside panel, it's like a speaker.....

Would a fibreglass door be a better choice for sound attenuation? Thanks for any ideas/advice.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

I prefer the steel door for better security. If you have tested it for drafts and it seals well, it is blessed, I wouldn't touch it!

Reply to
Phisherman