Steel door question

I think its actually called Masonite now instead of Stanley. Check the website.

Reply to
Mikepier

Not sure what success you'll have in getting a plastic part for a 20 year old door - only the door manufacturer can answer that one. If you don't luck out, you can make just the perimeter of the frame (the part that actually holds the glass in place) out of Azek, and paint it. The interior part of the grid, which is just decoration, could be replicated with the self-adhesive lead strips that emulate leaded-glass. Try Van Dykes' online catalog.

Replacing the door is pretty straightforward as you can use the existing as a template. It will take a bit of time though to get everything cut, planed and adjusted. All things considered, pulling the old door frame and installing a pre-hung unit would be the simplest and probably fastest - maybe even cheapest if you value your time and don't need a high-end door.

RicodJour

We have a Stanley steel entrance door (with 9 small panes),,this door is about 18 yrs old & in very good condition except for the vinyl grid that surrounds the window,,it has cracked this yr & I would like to replace it or the door...I don't need a new frame,,just the door ..is there anyway to buy just the vinyl grid or can any door be bought to fit in as a replacement..I would like to do this ASAP..Thanks

Reply to
john246

Most places of decent size have one or more metal door/window manufacturers who will deal w/ retail sales. You might try that route to see if you can get replacement seals that will work.

It is possible to get a door alone, but should be possible to repair existing--as someone else noted Stanley no longer is in the door/window business.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Why not contact Stanley door or one of their dealers?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Masonite Corp.,

acquired Stanley Works Entry Door Division
Stanley Works still exists,
They sell various other products.

Rich

Rich

Been there with the bay window vinyl. 20 years of sun and weather left the vinyl parts over the steel grid of panes (actually one piece of glass with the grid pattern over it, so i understand) cracked. I used black vinyl tape, cut to fit, lightly stretched, and just put it over the black vinyl. Looks fine. Cost about 30 minutes and a few cents worth of tape.

FACE

Reply to
FACE