Steel Door Frame Adjustment - Please See Image

Most industrial/institutional steel frame doors have a screw in the frame at about the height of that man adjusting it.

Problem is, there is NO explanation, ANYWHERE on line, of what turning those screws clockwise or counter-clockwise does to the steel frame! Will turning the screw clockwise push the frame away from the rough opening, or pull it toward it?

Thanks for any/all replies.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

IMO. CW will push out the frame according to my common sense.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

  1. righty tighty, lefty loosy

  1. turn the damn thing and see

Reply to
dadiOH

I was about to write that, but you got there first. Very good, sir.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or, here's a thought directed to the OP: Turn it and see what happens. Then write back and let us know which way the frame moves when you turn the adjusting screw clockwise.

Reply to
TomR

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Uh, a level will tell you in about three seconds. You would be done by now.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I am no expert, but I don't think turning the screw moves it in or out. I think it just tightens it or loosens it from what the door frame is attached to.

Reply to
John G