Steam Shower Information

Hi, I'm looking at different options for my bathroom, I'm just wondering whether to keep my bath or replace it with a new steam cabinet ( http://www.divapor.com/victoria-steam/steam-cabinet-victoria.php ). It's like a shower and a steam room in one. I was just wondering how this would effect the value of the property or is important to have a bath (I have a bath in another bathroom in the house).
Just a thought.
Thanks.
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:17:32 -0800 (PST),

In some states, a "full bath" must include a tub. For example if you have two full baths and convert one tub to a shower you will have 1-and-3/4 baths. Sure this will effect the value somewhat, but if it increases the value to YOU it might be worth it. I doubt you will get a tax break, although in theory you should. How long you intend to lived there is another important factor. Why people do these major renovations, then move makes no sense.

re: In some states, a "full bath" must include a tub.
Unless they changed the tax-assessment code in my town recently, a 1/2 bath is any bathroom with 2 fixtures, a full bath is any bathroom with at least 3.
My basement bathroom, which contained a toilet and a shower stall when I moved in, was considered a 1/2 bath. When I added a sink, my next assessment considered that bathroom to be full.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

So what's the classification when the fixtures are separated by a door? What if the tub and commode are in a room completely separate from the sink?

Hey, thanks for your time, it's appreciated :)

Hey, thanks for your time, it's appreciated :)

http://www.divapor.com/victoria-steam/steam-cabinet-victoria.php
It's like a shower and a steam room in one...
For $5K...

Why not do both? Something like this:
http://www.sunfrost.com/efficient_shower.html
with a $30 coffee urn with the main thermostat bypassed and water supplied from a toilet tank into a tube at the outlet and a steam tube from the top into the shower and a $58 thermostat (Grainger 4MY93.)
Nick