steam radiator connecting nut

I have an old steam radiator circa 1950. It is in good condition. When moving it the other day I noticed the nut that connects it to the angle valve, the nut had cracked. I will need to replace it somehow. I looked for this nut online but I am not sure on the proper name for it and how to go about replacing it. It appears to be attached by loosely by some sort of nipple with a flared end.

Any idea on what parts will need to be replaced and the best way to go about it?

Reply to
briand

You mean like the nut on a union? Rather than look online, take the part down to a good hardware store or plumbing supply and get what you need. You probably have to buy the entire piece and use half. I can't see exactly what you have so I can't say for sure. Take the entire part with you. It should just unscrew, but after 50 years, it may be rusted in place and heat may be needed to get it out.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:Na0Jg.768$wI5.378@trndny04:

Are there any left?

I notice where I am now a lot of trades places will no longer sell retail. Account holders only. They got tired of wasting their time on the people who can't find what they want at HD/want 3 washers/ask for tape and when the guy brings out a case and hears "Just one roll....depending on how much it is".

Reply to
Al Bundy

Can't really blame them. There is one near where I work and they have a 15% re-stocking charge for returns. Makes the homeowner thing before he buys something he has no idea about.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski