Steam Heat Costs

But if your house is too warm because your furnace keeps overshooting, you generally don't set the heat to 70 in the first place. You set it to 68, and let it go ahead and overshoot. Always assuming that your thermostat isn't set up to anticipate the overshoot in the first place.

--Goedjn

Reply to
Goedjn

So set it for 68.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

It would be more accurate to say it can increase your heating bill by 100%.

Reply to
Bob

Do your own energy audit. Get a clamp on digital amp meter and measure load drawn on each circuit , get a Kill-A-Watt meter apx 25$ and measure everything, unless small things are new and Energy Star rated idle draw can add 10-30 $ a month for things like TV radio etc, use switched strips and turn things off when not in use. My old panasonic radio and sony tv both cost me 7 $ a month to not use, I did not know it till I got a Kill A Watt. Research insulation, and new apliances. Old 15 yr refrigerators can cost 15-25 a month, I got a new sears 19,5 that costs

3.5 per month, then I recessed it into a foam enclosure reducing it to 2.5 a month. You must learn, Energy Star is a good place to start. Compare electric to Ng or Propane per Btu, Electricity for most of the US is still 50% more per Btu than Ng
Reply to
m Ransley