Stealing satellite

Page 5 of 6

You forgot to add ........... "without consciences to know what they are doing is wrong because that's what they saw their trailer trash parents doing." (NOT talking down to those who live in manufactured homes ......... I grew up in one ........... but to the trailer trash no matter how big a house they live in.
Steve

If you provide your own receiver/decoder... and don't pay the bill you are stealing their service.
Make up all the silly "logic" you want to claim otherwise, but every judge in the country will rule for them and order you to pay up.
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 05:55:10 -0900, snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Try explaining THAT without any nonsense. If you try to use "lost profits", what the **** was that company you don't pay doing with YUOR money?
"stealing" is a transaction between parties, without A's permission, in which A no longer has something and B now does. In the case of unauthorized reception of satellite TV, party 'B' not has the content. 'A' had it before AND STILL DOES exactly as before.
[snip with no comment]

The fact is that the courts will put you pronounce you "Guilty".
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:51:01 -0900, snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

The "big bully" attitude.
Which has nothing at all to do with the definition of "stealing".
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 05:55:10 -0900, snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

So, an accurate description of reality is "silly"? That's the sort of thing that happens when people mindlessly repeat corporate bullshit.
Then, you try to enforce your bullshit through references to the justice system, essentially big bullies.
BTW, there is the slight possibility that your brain will start working someday. See you them.

That description is not accurate, nor is it reality. It *is* silly though.
It isn't "corporate bullshit", it's the law.

Yeah, that is true. If they decide you're acting on your silly ideas, they put you in jail to let you contemplate reality. That's after they laugh at the above description when it is cited as a defense.

That's okay. Your's doesn't appear to have that possibility.
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com
[snip]

If we had a "stupidest statement" contest, that could win. Maybe you have no idea that it's corporations that control the government. How'd you miss that? It's like missing the 10-ton elephant in your living room.

Translation: The ideas THEY call silly.

Bullies laugh a lot. None of this has anything to do with what's right, what's wrong, and what's stealing (other than THEY'RE stealing your rights by putting you in jail).

Actually true. Something can't start working unless it's stopped.

Nah, it would come in second to the all-purpose, I want to justify something to myself statement above.

Okay the Corp BS Law just went to third place.

Corporations have so much "control" over the government that they have to abide by thousands of pages of regulations and pay billions in taxes. So much for control.
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:31:51 -0800 (PST), Larry Bud

That's largely illusion.
Anyway, I never said I approved of unauthorized cable/satellite reception (I don't). Some people sure like to make up junk.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Larry Bud wrote:

Thats just a carefully choreographed dance they do to make it look like they are not beholden to the big money interests.
direct tv busts the sellers, and gives them a little off their jail sentence to provide a customer list. direct then sends bills for like 5 grand, and gives the thieves a couple months to pay or be charged for criminal activity.
do you want your name in the local paper as a thief?
this has occured.
Sigmand wrote:

I used to work installing direct TV satellite equipment, when a customer wants ppv or there is two boxes hooked up then the phone line is also connected. This is done also to monitor the presence of the second box so it cannot be loaned out to a neighbor.

I don't think there is any doubt that one person could give someone else one of his receivers and the second party could then receive satellite TV with it.
One thing that might, perhaps, give these two people pause, though, is that GPS (global positioning system) is becoming very cheap and it's conceivable, I suppose, that satellite companies could incorporate GPS in their system and determine exactly where the receiver is located.
mg wrote:

Dish already has a cheaper solution in place- if you have two receivers, both must be hooked to a phone line, or they add five bucks a month to your bill. When the box phones the 800 number every X days to get the update, their computer compares the caller ID to the phone number of record. If it doesn't match, expect a charge on the bill, or a call from their fraud folks, or even a shutoff on the receiver.
Hey, these overpriced boxes are how they make a living. They have gotten pretty good about preventing the formerly easy ways to scam them. Why do you think they stopped using removable account cards? Hacking the box itself is a lot harder.
aem sends...

If two people wanted to watch Dish Network, and split the bill which might perhaps be $100/month, I don't think a $5 a monthly penalty would be much of a deterent.
aemeijers wrote:

How does DISH handle the situation where you DON'T have a land-line? Say you exist with only a cell, or you're in an RV taking a retirement, three-year, spin around the U.S., or you're in a fishing cabin in the outback?

See the USA and pay bills on line! Bill it to your home address.
Get a rotating dish/reciever from the friendly RV dealer (or other). Mounted to the roof.
Oren --
HeyBub wrote:

They used to (still?) require a photo of the RV or whatever and a copy of the registration and you then purchase content via their website.