Stealing satellite

Page 3 of 6
if the thief is using a deactivated receiver provided by the satellite company, even if the receiver was originally sold, its price was subsidized, so the sat provider is losing twice
once for stolen programming and once for helping pay for the receiver thats being used for theft....
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com writes:

Am I reading this right? Sure looks like you just labeled Jim Yanik as a liberal. If so, that's absurd. Look around.
There sure are a lot of ethically challenged people in this group. Did you know that judging people as a group is the definition of prejudice?

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to what Jim Yanik has been posting for a very long time here. I have listened to "Yanik the panic" for years as he talked about entitlements, and people who don't want to pay their own way. He attributes those things to liberals. I just applied his own views to him. Clearly he's a liberal. He has told us how to identify liberals, and that's what I did. He's obviously way to the left of Hillary Clinton.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com writes:

Jim can speak for himself, but Google gave me a different picture.
It's still prejudice.
Dan Espen wrote:

Sheesh. Are you a 5th grader on the playground at elementary school? What a pussy.

He's SENSITIVE......
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Bill Cosby<sp> (Popcicle guy?) did a film on prejudice.
His end words where that he was not prejudice, just a bigot :-))
He DON'T like anybody!
Oren --

I worked in Las Vegas during the time Bill Cosby was popular and playing Las Vegas. The man is THE worst tipper in the world, and his entourage can plug up the whole system with their lollygagging.
I used to park cars. After letting his Porsche 928 sit and idle until it nearly ignited, management had a special meeting with parking attendants and asked that we give him preferential treatment as a favor to them even though he did not tip. No one wanted to park his car or get it for him because he was a stiff, and because it took him and his entourage a half an hour to get out of the driveway. Then he had the balls to publicly say he didn't like coming to Las Vegas because everyone had their hands out.
Bill Cosby. What a total jerk.
Steve

Ridiculous. It costs money to broadcast signals through a satellite. It costs the sat company money to buy the rights to channels they are providing.
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:53:20 -0800, "SteveB"

If you get on a train without a ticket, I guess there is no crime because the train was going to your destination anyway, even if you were not on it?
Bwahahahahaha!

Or, you may be one of those people who get on the bus AFTER the crash. Been some pretty good stings on that.
Steve
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:51:43 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

What's the cost of diesel fuel?

Crawl in your hole and go away. Bob-tx

g...
Spoken like someone who doesn't understand, or care , what intellectual property is.
So let's say EVERYONE "tunes in" cable channels or satellite without paying for it. The company gets zero dollars, goes out of business, because it actually costs money to stay IN business. See, it costs money to pay cable installers, run coax, buy distribution boxes, pay for the channels that they are supplying to customers, pay for health care for their employees, etc.
So now the company has no money. But hey, nobody did anything wrong, right? Now, clearly, the company was damaged by the activity of all of those people.

when a company mails a product to your house unsolicited,you are under no obligation to pay for it,you can keep it and use it as you wish,it's not "stealing". Broadcast RF signals are beamed across the entire country. They rent you the device to decode the signals that are already in your home.If you provide your own receiver/decoder.....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You can justify anything you want to. Electricity is delivered to your house. Why not just bypass the meter and use it. It's there, isn't it? Theft of service is just that. You are stealing something that doesn't belong to you and trying to justify it by saying it's there for the taking. Don't forget to teach your kids that theory. If this country needs more of something it's thieves and unethical people.

IT IS NOT AT ALL THE SAME!! That use of electricity has a significant effect on the provider (increasing the load on their equipment). That's not at all comparable to reception of satellite signals, having only a negligible effect on the source.
Try thinking before you repeat that garbage.
And, of course, I said NOTHING of anything being right or wrong, but about defining something as "stealing" (don't you know other things can be wrong?).
I am responsible for what I say. However, I can not be responsible for others' demented imagination, including the serious misreading of the above.

I guess with your warped thinking you could justify murder (getting rid of scum to stop them from polluting).

Satellite signals are beamed into my house regardless of whether I want them or not.That's a huge difference compared to connecting to a utility service.Those are only connnected when you request the service.

Today I read about a police officer making a comment about "public service homicide",about a gang member getting killed.
Of course,there's a difference between "murder" and killing.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

AKA misdemeanor murder.