Stayin' Warm

Page 2 of 4

The fact that you appear to actually believe the crap you write would be funny if it wasn't so pitiful.
You are arguing against a point that I never made. "They void the warranties because it's a well known problem."
Show me one post where I brought up the warranty issue. If you want to play games with wording around "one" and "them", fine, because that is the one and only point I was making. However, bringing up an issue that I never even mentioned appears to be nothing more than a way to avoid the actual point be argued. I'll try one more time to see if you can actually stay on point. It's actually not much more than a Yes or No question:
In one thread, did you say ""We've had _one_. That was enough to cure me of that particular laziness" and then in another thread say "I've been burned by _them_ killing the battery."
Yes or no?
On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:38:26 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

You're lying again. But that's the limit of lefties' capabilities.

Lefties are illiterate, too.

Your honor, will you please instruct this idiot of a witness to answer the question? His continual refusal to answer a simple Yes or No question is proof that he just can't admit when he's wrong.
Oh well, it's not like he's hiding anything. His inability to be honest about his shortcomings is obvious to everyone present.
I rest my case...but I'm sure he's not quite done yet.
In article

it's not that he can't admit when he's wrong, it's just that the limbaughnista playbook forbids it

At least you delayed the freezing.
I have one water tap that when left dripping, closes, and another that opens more. Aren't there some magic words to make them stay where they are? (only one is used for avoiding a frozen pipe, but it's still strange.)

The lowest it has gotten here is 8+ F. Arkansas should be a lot warmer than that. I wonder what went wrong?
But if you're in Minnesota and have full strength anti-freeze (that is, 50/50) I heard on the news it will freeze at the temps they have there. (Wind chill has no effect unless your car sweats or you're pouring water on it that evaporates. If it freezes instead, I think the ice is a modest insulator.)
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:05:50 -0500, Stormin Mormon

That can't be! We all know that windchill only affects animate objects!
"Snag" wrote in message
Sure takes a lot of firewood when it's only 3* outside . But we survived last night , even though the water supply is frozen . I sure am glad I have an onboard fresh water tank and a pump ! This is unusual cold for this area , hasn't been this cold since I think they said 1996 . I hope it's at least another 18 years before it happens again !
--
Snag

There is a Snag on Adventure riders motorcycle site. Is that you?? WW
WW wrote:

"There is a Snag on Adventure riders motorcycle site. Is that you?? WW"
No , but I do ride and am active on a couple of the Harley forums .
--
Snag
1990 FLHTCU

Wasn't Snag the 6th most poplular boy's name in 1972?
micky wrote:

I don't know ... I got the nickname in 1963 at the age of 13 when I broke off a front tooth ...
--
Snag

What area is that?
CRNG wrote:

North central Arkansas . Stone County about 10 miles south of Mountain View , to be more exact . We're building a house in a clearing in the woods . Currently the "house" is connected by a hallway to the 25' camping trailer we've been living in . And the camper isn't well insulated , as it was never really intended for winter use .
--
Snag

On 1/7/2014 10:51 AM, Snag wrote:

It has warmed up here...21F....so we went for a ride, ran some errands, came home along a lake near home in time to see three bald eagles out on the ice looking for lunch. One adult and two juveniles. This is north-central Indiana. It's snowing again, adding to about 17" from two previous storms.
Norminn wrote:

No snow here , just a layer of ice over everything . Roads are *extremely* slippery - my wife who is a very good slick road driver spun out last night on her way home from work , ended up with her SUV on it's side in the ditch . Whole right side is damaged , and right now it's sitting along side the road in a yard right where she went off waiting for any fliuds to drain back down where they belong . Wouldn't do to bend a rod of something due to hydraulic lock in a cylinder .
--
Snag

On 1/9/2014 4:03 PM, Snag wrote:

Very sad to hear that. I hope no one was injured?
NYS has ice, now and again. It's no fun.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Good, she is not hurt, I sure hope. Even we Canucks fear the black ice most. All my family vehicles have good set of winter tires and AWD power train. Wife's can lock into real 4WD. So far no problems. Today 2 deg. Celsius, tomorrow will be around 7 deg. C. Melting like crazy. Chinook condition.
On 1/9/2014 4:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

For sure, that black ice (clear ice for netpicks) is really dangerous. Can catch folks by surprise, and make for trouble.
The guy across the street just got home. Took a crew along the Thruway, today, and saw three big rigs off the road. Even professional drivers have wrecks.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Ontario. I had studs on the Valiant - could go anywhere. Then I got the '69 Dart - and non-studded snows. Driving down Sawmill Road between Conestogo and Bloomingdale, down along the river, and I thought I must have a flat tire - the car was going all squirrelly. I was driving slowly - not in any hurry (for once) to get anywhere. I got out of the car to check the tires and promptly ended up flat on my ass on the road. It was so slippery I could not stand up. I got back into the car, managed to get rolling, and headed for higher ground where the mist coming off the river didn't freeze on the road.
Tony Hwang wrote:

Her car is a Mazda Tribute , same thing as a Ford Escape . And she had it locked in 4WD when this happened . Thing is that AWD/4WD may help the GO , but it don't do squat for the SLOW . The only thing that would've helped in this situation is chains or studded tires . I may have to invest in another set of rims , with studded snow tires for winter use .
--
Snag

Stormin Mormon wrote:

She's OK , one bruise from the seat belt and a couple of bruises from where she slipped and fell down . It was so slick last night and this morning that if there was the slightest slope you slid downhill . This one was so bad because it was freezing rain falling on frozen ground . It makes me wonder , how can it be raining when the air temp is like 29* ? Why isn't it SNOW by the time it hits ?
--

Snag