Stationary Gas Grill

Page 1 of 2
Hello,
I have a grill on my deck that is connected to the gas line in our house. It is a Sears Kenmore grill that we have inherited from the original owners. There are no other serial/identification numbers on it. The grill is old and has to go, but I'd like to replace it with another stationary gas grill that hooks up to the main line.
My question is: Is there a name for these stationary/main gas line grills? How do I search for one? I've looked at all the Sears/Lowes grills, and none look like the one I have. Mine looks like a mushroom, with the grill compartment sitting on top of a thin long metal "leg". This leg has a knob to turn the grill on.
Please, help naming/locating this product.
Thank so much! Elana

OK, replying to my own post... Found the name for it - it's called "post mount natural gas grill". Thanks!!! Elana

You won't find them in the stores.
I got mine online at dicksonsupply.com.
It's a natural gas grill.
Dan Espen wrote:

Real stores will have them. I just helped my friend set theirs up and they got it from the local plumbing/heating place.

Well, I should have said the stores mentioned.
I did look in other stores that carry grills too. No luck.

Call your gas supplier. They sell and install them.
Betsy

you can buy portable grills that use quick disconnect to natural gas line.
that way you can move the grill if you want or put it indoors for winter

Use this opportunity to upgrade. Buy a bigger better one.
Steve

We have a full size charcoal grill on the backyard. The deck one would be for those quick outdoor lunches when you don't have time to mess with the coal/wood.
wrote in message

Hey, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. You have obviously owned one a long time. I've seen them, and they are not big enough for the crowd I occasionally cook fore. The other 90% of the time, one would be just fine.
I was merely suggesting that when things are at a construction stage, or renovation is taking place, THEN is the time to either decide to stay with what ya got, or go to something else, as that's when it's easiest and cheapest to make changes.
Steve
Lowes has a good selection of grills that are convertible to natural gas. very easy to do, just change the venturi

I don't think I'd hook up natural gas to something that is not meant to be stationary.
Regardless of how the gas line is connected.
Here's the one I put in:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/despen/deck/grill-001.html
Not as big as a lot of grills I see, but perfect for what I do with it.

Say What? Anything can be made stationary, and enclosures are easy to build or drop ins are easy to do.

A little Teflon tape, some bubble gum. What's there to connecting pipes?

Looks nice. Too small for my taste, but nice.

its no problem with a proper connection, and approved hose..........
natural gas if it leaks being lighter than air disappates fast, while LP is heavier than air, goes o lowest spot then BAM!

Our local code says it must be permanently attached to the ground or deck if on natural gas or a bulk propane tank.

Like, say, a stove? Or don't you ever move it to clean behind it?
Cindy Hamilton

You're supposed to clean behind there?
Steve ;-)

Possibly. I know mine only gets done when the stove needs to be moved for some other purpose. (If I went around cleaning behind stuff, what would the dust bunnies eat? They'd starve!)
I merely brought it up as an example.
Cindy Hamilton
Cindy Hamilton

Why is this complicated?
Most propane grills have wheels. Unless you remove them and bolt the grill to a deck or something, you are going to be flexing the gas line any time you touch that grill or unplug it. Something I would not recommend.
For a stove, I remove the bottom drawer. You can clean right up to the back wall through the opening.
If you are pulling out your gas stove every week for cleaning, well ... that's up to you. I have electric.

What's the brand and model, please? It looks exactly like what we're looking for