Staron compared to Corian

Our builder tells us that ssv in no longer insurable and that we have to replace it with Staron or Corian -- both of which cost more. Which is better and why? I have looked at both web sites and studied acrylic solid surface countertops in general but can not find comparisons of the two.
Thanks for any information.
-Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler-