Star on your house or garage?

Page 2 of 2
"Blattus Slafaly 0/00 :)" wrote:

It's similar to the star over Bethlehem...
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:07:46 -0500, "Blattus Slafaly 0/00 :)"

You star may represent the North Star, also on The Great Seal of Maine.
http://maine.gov/sos/statseal.html
-- Oren

Star of David? Star and crescent of Islam? Star on US vehicles in Europe during WWII? Star adopted as insignia on vehicles by all Allied forces for the D- Day landings in Europe. About 50 of them on the US flag? etc.
terry wrote:

Don't forget MACY'S. They have lots of red stars. First time I saw them, I figured they were bought by the Russians. Maybe they were.
One kind of "barn star" is a cast iron, effectively decorative bolt cum washer applied to the outside of buildings that are being held together with tie rods. They are about 6 or 8 inches wide, and 5-pointed. After WWI (?) it was popular in some parts to cast barn stars with the names of (dead) soldiers. What do *you* call them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_star
    Una

I used to live in a house that had them above the front steps for decoration. Just a couple of blocks down the street was an old brick building that used them for their normally intended purpose. Both properties were once owned by the same person. Im betting that when he used them to repair his store he used a few of them to decorate his porch.
Jimmie
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:30:53 -0500, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 :) wrote:

It's like have a chrome ball and pink flamingos.
Meat Plow wrote:

I remember those chrome balls and pink flamingos. It must be the 'monkey see, monkey do' syndrome.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:20:24 -0500, "Blattus Slafaly :)"

The same reason you have stars in your area! -- Oren

Gazing balls, GAZING BALLS!! (Get it right. Sheesh!)
<http://www.gazingglobesandballs.com/gazing-balls/gazing-globes-pedestals-sets . asp?ESRC=STGZBALL&gclid=CIii6sjE6pECFQW0PAodbCT3gQ>
Now your day is complete! HA!
--
:)
JR

Blattus Slafaly 0/00 :) wrote:

Around here it's eagles. Apparently, you've just got to have an eagle on your garage.
--
Tony Sivori

Sorry. That's always "Osama's 3rd level leader". They've gotten him at least a dozen times now.