Stanley Black & Decker

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-stanley-work-black-and-decker-0312,0,4550948.story
On 3/12/2010 10:46 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-stanley-work-black-and-decker-0312,0,4550948.story
"But a larger portion of shareholders disagreed with a bonus plan that includes a $45 million reward to Black & Decker CEO Nolan D. Archibald if the combined company sheds $350 million in costs."
Of course, the $350,000,000 cost reduction will have no effect on availability of repair/replacement parts, customer service responsiveness, ability to innovate, retail prices, and/or quality of products...
<sigh>
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Another American icon down the tubes, victim of the quasi-legal rapacious financial clowns that answer to no one, and typified by George Soros. Methinks the Washington weenies have simply concocted their big unnecessary health care debacle as a way of avoiding dealing with this real and far more serious problem.
Joe
Shed costs ? close a couple of product lines, close a couple of plants and wham a cool $45 Mil in the pocket!
Martin
Morris Dovey wrote:

On 03/12/2010 11:46 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-stanley-work-black-and-decker-0312,0,4550948.story
WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!
--
LSFT

On 3/12/2010 1:05 PM, LSMFT wrote:

WTF, looking all around and still don't see any sensors??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote the following:

There was a thread some time back about heat sensors, but I don't remember if there were extraneous exclamation marks in it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Right. They're covered by SawStop's patents. <*snicker*>

Look, very carefully, out of your window.
Try not to be seen.
Hmm. Does any want to consult his Sensei? Maybe the Sensei would know how to stop a sensor?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Swingman wrote:

Perhaps he was referring to sensations?
TDD
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this post.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 3/12/2010 2:05 PM, LSMFT wrote:

Yep, my crap sensor just went off.
<plonk>

You have something against Stanley Black? Generations are bound to ask about him... I hope this doesn't get sensored!