Standard drain height?

I'm installing a vanity and sink in my bathroom. Is there a standard height for the drain pipe? I mean the horizontal pipe that comes out of the wall. Any links to information would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks,
Joe
Joe Jones wrote:

but 18" off the floor would be typical.
Sounds like you are doing a DIY drain install. Suggest getting a basic Plumbing book because there are numerous issues involving the plumbing behind the wall.
Jim

Joe
What are the other heights of the drain in your house?
Tom
says...

The 18" sounds about right, but do this. Place your sink across your cabinet. Put the tailpiece with popup on the bottom of the sink. Now screw the trap onto the bottom of the tailpiece. Now measure the distance from the output end of the trap (piece pointing toward the wall), to the floor. That's about the height for your vanity. However. remember you can easily saw off a little of the tailpiece, but be sure you dont get too high or the trap will be above the popup lever. I actually ran into that once. I'd rather put the wall pipe too low than too high. You can always add an extension, you cant install a trap that is too high. Keep in mind if someday you install a deeper sink too.
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:51:40 -0500, Joe Jones

When roughing in same in new construction we always set to 16" for sinks 12" o/c setback for toilet flanges, etc., that way next guy into project does not have a heart attack as all is standardized. Besides, good chance next guy doing install will be you.