Standard diswhasher size

What is the standard size of a modern dishwasher?
I have a dishwasher that needs to be replaced. Somebody told me that it is an old, odd-sized dishwasher and it is practically impossible to find a replacement. Our current dishwasher is 24" wide x 34" tall. It looks to be about the size of every other dishwasher I've ever seen.
Thanks,
Mike
On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:13:13 -0700, "Mike Turco"

It could have a different depth. I happened across one once that wasn't as deep as the dishwashers you find today, which required me to do some extra trim work around the dishwasher to make a modern one fit.
sounds about right.
just go to whirlpool.com and other brand sites and check the dimensions of what they have to offer.
randy

Hi,
That sounds about right most most of the d/w's out there :)
You can check several of the manufactures web sites rfom the link below.... http://appliance411.com/links/Appliance_Brands /
Hope no one has added a new floor in front of the old d/w!?!?

fit the old opening. Outide dimensions are basically the same, only the interior was increased in capacity by reworking location of motor/pump. But they do look larger on the outside because there is no lower access panel showing. Tom.

It's the cabinet's *cutout* dimensions (W x D x H) which are critical not the outside dimensions as they are mostly about the same. Get the *exact* measurements of what is required then check the various manufacturer's web site for installation specifications and compare them.
If you have a problem locating a replacement post the exact dimensions available for the replacement here and someone may be able to suggest something.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwashers
=~~~~~~