Standard + 1/16" flooring

Hi,
I live in an older home with top nailed 2"x5/16" red oak floors. I need to replace a few boards. EXCEPT my boards are 2 1/16"!
Do I have a chance of finding boards like that somewhere? I have found nothing locally (Philly, PA). I'm contemplating milling my own, but I don't have a working planer and can't find one to borrow. Quotes that I got for milling it are outrageous. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Aaron

back them with strips of 1/4" plywood to pad them out
beecrofter wrote:

What do you mean? Cut a 1/16 x 1/4 strip? Sounds unlikely.

Yeah well I had my head up my butt with my earlier reply, for some reason I was thinking thickness!

Sure. First try lumberyards [not Lowes or Home Depot]. Then try mills.
Then try your local re-cycle store. We have 3 now within about 50 miles of me that are stocked with old windows, doors, flooring, & fixtures from houses that have been torn down.

Depending on how much you need, you could get by nicely with a table saw, & router. You're going to rent a sander anyway to do the floors- so just leave the top a 32nd of an inch high.
Jim
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:47:47 -0500, Aaron Fude wrote:

Is that 2"w by 5/16"h or 2 5/16" wide

I think the OP meant 2-5/16 wide boards. He/she doesn't mention the thickness. OP - please respond as your description was like a tweet!!!

I read it as instead of the 'normal' 2" wide strip, he had 2 1/16" strip. Sounds like he is trying to weave a patch or something. Short of pulling up a strip of matching floor elsewhere (like from a closet, or maybe the last two feet of a low-traffic room), and relaying that with modern stock, he is likely looking at custom milling, or trying to get by without the T&G part and just patching with plain boards. If it was a small patch, I'd likely try that, and take whatever measures I could to keep the joints tight. (Like maybe some of those screws with the break-off heads they sell for putting through carpet to de-squeak floors. Those would almost look like face nails once ground smooth and finished.)
-- aem sends...