Stamped Concrete with cracks....

We had a stamped concrete walkway poured last Thursday. Concrete one color with a second color dusted on top. The mason came Friday to spray off the color and was going to seal it, but decided to come back on Monday when we had made a final decision on the color.
Today I notice spider cracks in more than a few spots on the walkway. The cracks are not deep, but look like packed desert floor during a drought.
Could someone with knowledge of concrete let me know if it is "normal" to have cracks in the walkway? I would like some information before I approach the contractor about this possible issue.
Thanks!
-
I have a new driveway, and I see this in several places when it's drying. When it dries, the marks are gone completely, so it doesn't appear to be actualy damage. I am very curious, however, as to what causes it, and don't know if it's an indication of future problems in that area or not.

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:20:44 -0400, Chuck and Erika Douglas wrote:

Front of house, stamped and colored leisure area with tables, chairs etc 12x7. No cracks.

The cracks can be from curing to fast , Did you keep it wet for a couple days spraying water on it ? Have you ever notice that on some big pours they will set up sprinklers to keep the concrete wet while it cures. Also did the spray with a curing sealer the idea is to hold the moisture in, sealer may not work in your situation. Regardless of what you do you always get some small cracks . Did they put any wire mesh or rebar in the walkway? I myself always put rebar ( not mesh) in anything I pour, Even if you do get some bad cracks over time it holds it together.