Stamped Concrete Patio in Upstate NY or Pavers?

Hi all.
Was going to try to salvage a portion of my existing tired deck prior homeowner installed. Upon further review- it's in poor shape and will be coming down.
I plan on building a 4x8 landing out the back door with 3 additional steps leading to a patio. Currently looking at Belgard pavers and stamped concrete. I want bluestone but it's too expensive. Since we don't plan on being here more than 5 additional years, we're not spending that kind of cash.
Not sure if stamped concrete is a wise choice with the weather climate changes - temp ranges -20 to 98.
It seems to me pavers installed properly will move with the ground and not crack as concrete would over time. Besides, I think replacing 1 or 2 pavers is easier & cheaper than repairing stamped concrete.
Does anyone have any long term experience with stamped concrete in a similar climate? I've seen enough cracked concrete sidewalks & driveways around to make me believe it's not the way to go.
DJ wrote:

I have seen stamped concrete survive well after at least 10 years in my area, (Ohio similar weather). That said, I like the look of real pavers better, and of course they are easily repaired if needed. Some of the stamped concrete does not look bad, but IMO I have never seen any as good a good pavers.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit

It all depends on your soil. I am a contractor in upstate NY (capital district). Concrete will hold up well in sandy soil areas and in clay shale areas if proper excavation/fill drainage is observered. I would not recommend it over the hardpan clay which curses some parts of this area.
I am in one of those hard clay areas. One contractor I spoke with told me that anyone who recommended any sort of gravel footing was wrong. I can't believe that's accurate though. Sounded to me more like a shortcut.