Stamped Concrete Driveway Peeling

We had a new driveway put in about a month ago. The concrete itself had color mixed in, a light beige. After it was poured, it had a light coating of a darker colored "release" powder put over it, and I believe it was there as the stamping was happening. After the concrete was cured, the "release" powder was pressure-washed off. The "release" power was from Davis, and I believe it was just a different color of powder that is used to color concrete. After several days, a seal coat of Davis W-1000 clear concrete coating was applied (2 coats).
After 2 weeks, we parked a car overnight on the driveway, and the tires left their treadmarks when the vehicle was moved the next day. The seal cote AND the release color peeled away, revealing the lighter concrete color. A few nights later, we parked a different car in a different part of the driveway and the same thing happened.
Any ideas why this is happening and what can be done to prevent further damage ?
The "release" serves 2 functions one as a release for the stamps not to stick as they are applied and second as an additional accent color but its chemical make up is more complex than regular masonary color additive. When you say cured how much time elapsed from the time the driveway was poured till the release was washed off? days, weeks? How much time elapsed from the time the driveway was poured till the seal coat was applied? What were the weather conditions when the seal coat was applied? Damp, humid, sunny, cold? Did they blow off the driveway prior to applying the seal coat? How was the seal coat applied? Roller, sprayer? what type of sprayer? Airless, garden sprayer (pump type)? I suspect the problem is the concrete was not sufficently cured prior to the seal coat being applied and thus did not bond properly because of residual moisture still comming off the concrete. Weeks should pass after the concrete was poured and the seal coat is applied or what I am leaning twards is It also may be that the release residue was not completely pressure washed off of the concrete, this would not allow the seal to take at all it simply would have bonded to the release. Or it may be a combination of the 2. In either case the hundreds of dollars you spent on the seal must now go down the drain. The seal coat must be removed and re applied, how do you do this...you dont you get the contractor back and have him do it at his exspense. One way you can test if the release was not completely washed off is by again pressure washing a small area of the driveway that is darkest with release usually in a deep crack or vein in the pattern of the stamp, if it comes off you have your cause pinpointed the release residue was not properly and completely removed. In any event this is an instalation problem that is the responsibility of the contractor... if the contractor was not licensed you just lost your gamble trying to save money. If he was all you have to say when you call him to fix the problem is " License board complaint" and Im sure he will be out the next day. Good luck snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I agree, something went very wrong here. I also very much doubt anything can be done to save what's happening from occuring to the rest of it. With the sealer and color beneath coming off after 2 weeks, some mistake was made during the work. Best case is that the release was not completely removed before sealing, but the most troubling part though that indicates this isn't the problem is that apparently all the surface color is lifiting, leaving only the uniform concrete pour.
What does the contractor say? Did you check this guy out, with references, see his other work? How much per foot did this cost?
I'd start taking lots of pictures and a video if possilble, for evidence. I would also consider paying another expert contractor or two opinions.
You hired a hack, were his name initials BH, well if your lucky he has wealth you can attach after you win in court.
Thanks all for the input. To answer "Italian" .....
The driveway was laid in 4 pours over the period of a week due to the size of the overall job, and the window of opportunity for handling the stamping. The release was left on for 7-10 days. To remove it, a high pressure (water) washer was used. The weather conditions during the entire period was warm & sunny - 80's during the day, 50's at night, some clouds in the AM - typical California semi-coastal summer pattern. No rain. The seal coat was applied approximately 1 week after the end of the last pour. It was applied using a pump type garden sprayer.
One other item of note is that the temperature on the days the peeling occured was in the 90's, and the concrete was hotter still. I don't know if the heat may have been responsible for some kind of reaction/adhesion between the tire rubber and the seal coat.
The contractor who performed the work is experienced, has good references and I've seen his work. He has also done work for us before. It's not a situation where I want to threaten him as I want to give him a chance to make this right, which I believe he will. I just want to try to understand the possible technical possiblities, things to try, possible mitigation, which you have provided. Thanks for the input, and any other suggestions please post.
Thanks again.