Stamped concrete driveway

Getting a new driveway. Considering stamped concrete with texture, pattern, and color. The photos look very good. I'll look at real life examples soon. But does anyone have a yea or nay on this subject? Preferably with reasons?
Jim Beaver
Have a lot of these in the town where I live and I love the look of it. I think I even prefer it over bricked driveways. All of the ones I've seen seem to have held up very well.

looked cool...and the guy who owned the house was out cutting his lawn... so I asked him about the driveway...
Yep : Concrete: Colored, poured and stamped
Just last month when I was inthat town agian I looked it over and to be very honest it still looks darn good... Just judging from this driveeay I would have to say it held up extremely well... .
Bob G.

Does it snow where you live? If yes, are there time when you shovel or plow, and enjoy when the sun comes out and the melted stuff runs off the driveway so it doesn't re-freeze and make the driveway hazardous? Will textures interfere with this drainage process?

I'm in sunny Southern California, where snow is something occasionally seen through the smog on faraway mountains. Haven't seen any ice yet. ;-)
Jim Beaver

In that case, invite your favorite movie stars to put their handprints or other body parts in your cement. :)