Stall Shower Delivers Cold Water Only

I have two bathrooms, one of which has a stall shower with one of those single-lever temperature controls you dial to set the temperature. The shower has started to deliver cold water only, no matter how I set the control. I know it must be a shower problem because the bathroom sink right next to it delivers hot water properly.

I assume that the whole shower control will have to be replaced, right? Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Reply to
Steven D. Litvintchouk

Send a digital picture and I will see what you have. I hate temp controls. Unless you have a bad water presure problem you are far better off without it. Sometimes they shut completely down and you have to wait forever before you get hot water again. they are anti scold valves.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

I beleive a blockage has occured in the valve , this could be lime scale from your hot water heater or regular debris present in piping ,water delivery systems. Id try turning off the water main, remove the valve, see if there are any visible debris in the valve seat, then turn on your main to flush out any anything and check the flow. You may need a rebuild kit, but probably not. It is normal for debris , sand , small gravel , limescale from hot water heater , to mess with plumbing , faucet screens and shower valves. And Shower Heads...I installed an inline whole house water filter on the main a few months ago , one with a clear casing , so you can see the filters condition. I was amazed in one week it was full of white crap and rust , the white crap looked like cut PVC debris. There is always Line Maintenance going on everywhere,, and any crap will get stuck if its to big to go through the Next Hole. Good Luck

Reply to
mark Ransley

Or if you are in Pineville Louisiana make sure the Public Works Department hasn't spliced the sewer line into the water main again.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

I guess you boil your water now!