Stale smell coming from Fridge

Hi... I have a GE Profile Model 18 Refridgerator (with a bottom freezer and no water-line hooked up) that we've had for 2 years....since last month it has been emitting a really "fruity" stale odor from the compressor area, which is really noticeable when the cooling fan comes on, because it blows and forces this odor out into the kitchen area. My wife is incredibly neat and clean, wipes any spills, etc. and there is no stains, or spills that may have leaked out to the compressor area. Matter of fact, I have lokked in the compressor area, and it is like brand new, no liquid or water or anything. (no dead mice either) so....where is this stink coming from? anyone else having this problem? This fridge is practically brand new, except the warranty is over. We still have 3 years warranty on the compressor, evaporator, coils.
Any help would be appreciated thanks

has
which
the
Some fridges have a pan underneath, to collect water that condenses and drips, which should be regularly emptied and cleaned. Does yours?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Dead Ghost !!!!! You dont see em, but they are there and stink like shit.
Happy Halloween
:Hi... :I have a GE Profile Model 18 Refridgerator (with a bottom freezer and no :water-line hooked up) that we've had for 2 years....since last month it has :been emitting a really "fruity" stale odor from the compressor area, which :is really noticeable when the cooling fan comes on, because it blows and :forces this odor out into the kitchen area. My wife is incredibly neat and :clean, wipes any spills, etc. and there is no stains, or spills that may :have leaked out to the compressor area. Matter of fact, I have lokked in the :compressor area, and it is like brand new, no liquid or water or anything. :(no dead mice either) :so....where is this stink coming from? anyone else having this problem? :This fridge is practically brand new, except the warranty is over. We still :have 3 years warranty on the compressor, evaporator, coils. : :Any help would be appreciated :thanks : I suspect that something got stuck or died in there and suggest you have a good look with a flashlight, pulling the thing out from the wall if necessary.

You could check the rubber door seals. These always get overlooked when cleaning but can hold and ferment a lot of liquid.
rusty