Stains on Formica!!!

My new home has textured Formica in the bathrooms that shows all the watermarks and is very difficult to clean. I have tried all the baking soda-and cleaner type cures but the stains are just too stubborn.
Question: Is there a product I could coat the Formica with to seal it and make the surface more cleanable? Or should I simply tile over the Formica?
Ideas gratefully received.
marc
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au (marc) wrote:

Try white vinegar instead.

Clean it thoroughly, then wax it. Any automotive wax should do fine. That'll make it a lot easier to clean in the future.
Also, consider getting a water softener.
Lime away, CLR, or any acid base cleaner for removing hard water stains is worth trying