Stainless steel sink?

I am purchasing a stainless steel sink for my newly remodeled kitchen. Have noticed several different finishes: Mirrored Finish, Matte finish, and Silk Finish
Anyone have any recommendations on which is easier to keep clean and shiny? I was told that fingerprints show up easily on the mirrored finish. Any suggestions?
The higher the shine the more easily it will show wear and scratches

Have
Silk
shiny?
==Water spots also show up on mirror finish. ====>

Have
Silk
shiny?
Well the mirrored finish is going to probably get scratched to look like the silk finish anyway, but only in places, so you might as well go ahead and get the silk finish.

In addition to the finish, don't forget to look at the thickness of the stainless steel. Thinner, lighter sinks make more noise and resist denting less.
TB

I just put in a new sink with "medium gauge" stainless steel (21, I think). It's actually not as sturdy as you'd think when it comes to fit and finish. You can actually see it bend slightly when the faucet is used (if you look.) I wish I had gone sturdier, although it's in a rental house so it's probably no problem. I just don't like "play" in things like that, because thing tend to break or go wrong more often.
writes:

21 gauge is not medium gauge, it is tin foil.
18-20 is minimum I'd accept, if i still used stainless steel sinks. I finally just got tired of them, and when I redid my kitchen last fall, put in a nice cast iron enamel Kohler.
--
Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7) snipped-for-privacy@zk3.dec.com
HP/Compaq Corporation snipped-for-privacy@compaq.com