Stainless steel cleaner

Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for something better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which streaked really badly.
jeffc writes:

Ethanloamine based oven cleaner.
Richard J Kinch writes:

Ethanolamine, sorry.
jeffc wrote:

Brasso.
We us a 3m brand cleaner from Costco. Works great, takes very little to clean.

But it's been around for a long time, but Brasso will shine them up. I use it on my kitchen/bath fixtures.

I know this sounds a bit Weird, but I use the Orange Furniture Polish.
I clean the fridge of any real grime, then take a lint free cloth and use the Orange Furniture polish. It smells good and its oil based. I think Mineral Oil is what the Banks use on the walk in vaults.
Its great on keeping them shiny and clean. Fingerprints don't show up as easy either.
Scott<-

jeffc wrote:

"Barkeeper's Friend". A scouring type cleanser like Comet. Available in most supermarkets.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
:Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for :kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in :the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some :sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and :was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for something :better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which streaked really :badly. :
I posted a similar thread a year or two ago. The stuff I had was great but I ran out of it. In the end, I didn't even know what it was. I had the remaining whitish powder in a jar.
One recommendation I got was Bon Ami. It's like a cleanser (the container), and it works quite well. It's pretty cheap, too. Also, you can clean your sinks & tubs, etc. with it and it works very well indeed on stains on glazed pottery (e.g. mugs). Does a nice job on stainless.