Stainless Steel Appliances are a curse

Page 2 of 2
Jon Eakes (of HGTV's Ask Jon Eakes") sells a stainless steel cleaner called Gleemit in his speciality store online. URL is: http://www.wired-2-shop.com/joneakes/ProductDetail.asp?ProdID 2&nPrdImageID=&CatID He stocks many hard to find yet useful products, tested and assured to do the job that they are intended.

I use the stainless steel wipes from Restoration Hardware. 2 wipes do all my appliances, I wipe with the wipe and then dry with a clean cloth, lasts about a week.
Walter R. wrote:

What you need is a sealer. Easiest would be to purchase a bottle of silicone sealer sold to seal rock, brick, and grout; buy in most big box or ceramic tile stores. Mentioned in one comment was using lemon oil, which would probably do the trick also but probably not as well. You need to really clean the stainless steel, dry, and then apply the sealer. You will probably have to apply the sealer at least every month, but in between times finger prints and dirt should wash off without smearing.