Staining\Painting Spa Cover?

I have one of those thick foam, vinyl covered spa covers which tough in pretty good shape structurally is bleached out so it looks pretty ghetto. What can I use to breathe some color back in to the vinyl? It's currently a bleached light brown. Thanks! Jeffrey

Reply to
MEI

On 12/23/2004 2:28 PM US(ET), MEI took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Plasticote makes a vinyl spray paint in various colors. I did the whole interior of a 68 Mustang way back when with it.

willshak

Cars used to have vinyl tops and the dressing that was used to spruce them up was just shoe polish with a different name.

Get some brown shoe polish/stain apply and buff. I doubt it'll last more than a couple months.

Reply to
davefr

Try the local auto parts type stores and look in the paint section. There are spray cans of paint made for auto vinyl upholstery. I would think that would have the characteristics, including standing up to UV, that you need. I used it to spray some of the cushion trim on my boat and it worked great. A year later its still there with no peeling.

Reply to
trader4

Be prepared for the shoe polish to melt and stain whatever it comes in contact with. For the cost of trying to renew vinyl that is damaged, you can probably buy some vinyl or canvas and make another.

Reply to
Norminn