Staining around toilet.

I had linoleum ;put into a bathroom and the toilet reseated. Since thenn a black stain has been growing around the toilet and under the flooring. It is not on top of the flooring and that toilet is on a slab and sees little use .
The job is going to have to be redone but it would help to know what the problem is. Again, the toilet is well sealed to the flooring and both the toilet and the flooring is new and the stain us under the flooring but showing through and looking like it is on top. There is never water on the flooror anything else that could work its way down from the top.
Double up on the wax ring.

Sounds like a bad wax ring. The toilet will have to be disconected,removed, and a new wax ring installed.
TB
That is interesting. I bought a home 3 years ago (resale) and I'm experiencing the same problem...mold growing under the linoleum (downstairs 1/2 bath only). I am also on a slab. I know I'll have to replace the flooring but didn't think that a bad wax seal could be the culprit. I was thinking that since I have polybutulene that I might have a leak there.
Thanks everyone!!!

Could also be a very slow leak around one of the bolts holding tank to commode. Make sure you know the PROPER way of doing them.

<IN> the floor, under the clear wear layer. IOW, one of the layers isporous and wicking moisture, or the floor is delaminating. If Real Linoleum, is it rated for bathroom use? I'm no expert, but some substances (like maybe the putty the bowl is bedded in) could maybe attack it and cause discoloration? While it is apart again, I'd beach the hell out of the area, or it may come back even if the new wax ring seal is perfect. And just for laughs, I'd seal (somehow) the cut edge of the new flooring before it is buried under the toilet again.
Of course, all this is just wild-ass guessing. Please post a followup once you get it apart and can better see where the stain is coming from.
aem sends....
When you use bleach for mold kill, it is actually more effective when you use a bleach/water solution. The CDC endorses a 1:10 mix of household bleach with water, with plenty of contact time.