Staining and concrete bid

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal about

1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend, and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Same work here over $5-9 per SF. I don't know how he can come out unless your concrete is a lot cheaper. Here it hovers at $100 per CY, your pour is around 13 CY if 4" thick.

Reply to
DanG

I don't know about the whole thing but here in central Florida they are asking $2.75 /sf to form/pour/finish. I doubt that stamp/dye/seal would add more than $1.25 so our areas seem similar.

If it were me, I'd ask how many men for how long then figure out the cost of the concrete to see if he was being reasonable on labor. Sealers can vary from inexpensive to "are you out of your mind?". BTW, finishing - here, at least - is dirt cheap...my 5400' slab cost $540 for finishing a dozen years ago. Now more, maybe half again as much? double?

Reply to
dadiOH

Steve, I had my driveway replaced last summer. It ran $390 per yard for a 77 yard job. That included removing and disposing the old driveway (concrete and blacktop), forming, pouring stamping, dying, and sealing. The job took almost six weeks because of rain and mud. It was also down a long (over 150') hill.

This worked out to about $7.00 a sq.ft. __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Bill Waller

In Las Vegas $5 - 6 per sf ( going is $7 - 9 per sf ?). Folks need construction jobs around here right now and the smart guys are not being selfish.

..and he has a license...

Reply to
Oren

Hmm. I have been wanting to get part of my driveway redone ever since moving in. Maybe I should get some bids. (it's asphalt currently, and where a big tree used to be some roots heaved it all up. This is right in front of the garage, so I'd like to have it done in concrete to make it more jackstand-friendly.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That is a good deal. We got bids on 7200 sqft of concrete and the low bid was $5 and that wasn't stamped and stained, just smooth finish. (Florida last summer). The high bid was $7.50 Concrete prices are probably a little less now.

Reply to
gfretwell

Same around here...If things don't turn around soon you'll see contractors of all stripes including myself standing in the parking lot of the Homedepot with signs that say...Will work for food...LOL...

Reply to
benick

I hope it don't get too bad in Vegas. I still got two houses there I want to dump.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The bubble broke years ago. Vegas still has a breaking point. Lucky for me I bought down when I had cash. The housing storm was fun, but I still have a manageable mortgage. Don't plan to dump any time soon.

Reply to
Oren