Stained concrete question

Hello all,

I have a stained concrete floor that overall is very attractive. However, I am concerned about the effects of a recent "repair" and am trying to figure out what is going on:

Xylene was used to remove wax from the floor, but I think too much was applied in a few spots. Those spots appear to have no sealant, and the parameter of these spots is now very rough. I am guessing that the sealant was completely removed at these spots, and that the roughness is caused by damage to the sealant that remained nearby.

Does this sound plausible? If not, does anyone know any good alternative explanation?

In any case, can anyone recommend a good course of action to take regarding smoothing the roughness and/or correcting the seal? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Reply to
dw314159

i probably would have used a clean towel and a hot iron.

your sealant was some kind of plastic. xylene dissolves some of these quite well.

contact who sealed it and see if you can source the original material would be the best guess. otherwise, you'd have to find something that matched which would be hard. you could always strip the entire floor and seal it again.

Reply to
charlie