Stain underside of decks?

I have an 8-foot raised deck. I am going to strip the top horizontal floor, then brighten it. Then I'll clean (w/ oxygen bleach) the rest of the deck, including the undersides. Finally I will stain it with Defy Epoxy Wood Stain (Cedar tone).
Question: -Assuming I don't care about the color underneath the deck, do I need to seal the undersides of the deck & steps, including all the joists underneath the deck (perpendicular to my house), or can I just clean them and leave it alone since the sun doesn't hit it, etc.?
If I need to seal underneath the deck, I'll need to order more Defy stain/sealer...
Tnx

You don't "have" to do it. PT will last for many years with no treatment. In my case, I put a concrete pad below the deck and we use it for sitting in the shade a lot now. I stained to strictly for appearances, not for longevity.

sell Defy) and the guy said the same thing, that it's not really necessary to seal the undersides. I'll probably just clean it for now, but not stain it. And if we ever decide to close off the area, I'll take care of it at that time.
(My deck is PT btw)