Stain remover

What will remove that purple pvc cleaner from pvc, washing machines and stuff.
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw
Van Chocstraw wrote:

I suspect acetone or nail polish remover will work but be careful as they will dissolve PVC.
Frank wrote:

Or just about any paint or plastic.
Good luck! To my knowledge absolutely nothing will remove the purple. The best plan was to cover and mask before opening that can. You might try a bit of Ajax or toothpaste to try to polish off the surface. If the primer has gone in deep, no chance.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Only thing I know of is time.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

If all else fails, white paint?
HeyBub wrote:

Spray paint sounds good.
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw

Like Frank said acetone will probably work. Or MEK or methyl alcohol. Why do you want to remove it from the PVC? Just for the appearance? Did it get on any clothes?

Why
get
I occured to me that I should add: start out using it on a Q-tip with only a small amount on the cotton tip and carefully test the surface that you want to remove the purple stuff from and make sure it's not going to remove whatever it is you are trying to remove it from. I'd start out by trying acetone, perhaps lacquer thinner, then MEK, and, as a last resort, methyl alcohol. Use small amounts of solvent at first until you are confident that it will not damage the stained surface.

Try a water soluble dye remover from a fabric shop. Some dyes are oxidized easily, so hydrogen peroxide solution is worth a try.
Joe
I'd try a cotton towel, and a blast of clear PVC solvent. See if that loosens up the purple stuff. Wipe off, immediately.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Steel wool.