Stain or paint garage floor?

I have a garage floor that is 7 years old and want to know what is better stain or paint? I have some stains on the floor from paint and oil which have been power washed twice already but still are visible. What would stick better and also cover up? Thanks!

Brian in MI

Reply to
Brian

Nothing will stick to oil stains for long, powerwashing is worthless for oil. Rent a floor scrubber-buffer and get strong soaps, TSP , Degreasers etc. and clean until its clean, then etch with Muriatic acid and check it to specs. Concrete oil stain that Sherwin wiliams carries doesnt peel if done right . I beleive its called H.C, stain. Paint can peel eventualy, and usualy does. Cleaning is the most important step. It will take a day.

Reply to
m Ransley

No matter what, you are going to need to get it clean first. Power washer will not do it. Heavy duty cleaners and then an acid wash is needed.

After that I suggest using a quality epoxy garage floor paint. Those of us who have used it and have followed the prep directions with no shortcuts have all been very happy with the results. In addition the results will not let new oil in so you can clean it up.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan