Stain Concrete?

I have a five year old slab in my backyard (Dallas, TX) that is white, and I would like to stain it tan or light brown. Is this possible, and how difficult is it to do and to maintain?
Picture of the slab:
http://home.comcast.net/~mcahrenfamily/DCP04742.JPG
Thanks!
Driveways in Florida are frequently painted and patterned.
The procedure usually includes waiting 90 days after the pouring.
Then acid wash and pressure wash.
Next two coats of a base color are applied .
Masking tape is used if tile like appearance is desired.
A patterned roller is used to apply a contrasting color paint.
The masking tape is removed to reveal the finished drive.

you can do what i'm about to do, and that is called "acid staining". they can make it any color, they can make it look like marble, it is really really nice looking.
here is one site that will give you some ideas.
http://www.kemiko.com /
This outfit has a gallery and instruction area that can show you all the decorative finishes. Owner Doug writes and demonstrates for World of Concrete.
http://www.thestampstore.com /