squirrels in attic

How do I remove a squirrel that has moved into my attic. My 22 rifle makes to much noise (joking).

Google squirrel traps. Purchase trap. Receive trap. Fix the hole. Bait live trap with a piece of bread smeared with peanut butter. Place trap in attic. Deposit squirrel in nearest forest preserve. Wear thick leather gloves while handling the trap.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
Todd H. wrote:

Not too near. They can travel miles back home.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
snipped-for-privacy@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote in writes:

I don't know where you live, but if it's winter there and the ground is or will be covered in snow, the squirrel will either freeze or die of starvation if you move it to some forest preserve. It won't have a nest and it won't have access to any of the food it stored in the fall for the winter. Shooting it may be more humane!
Morvin
Steve Lambert wrote:

.22 pistol loaded with CCI shotshells works better.
method 1; Get a pot that says "Squirrel Stew" on the side and put it in the attic along with a wild game recipe book.. method 2; Get a stuffed squirrel and hang it in effigy from the eaves,,a sign on its' neck saying "Saddam" or "Osama" is optional. method 3; Act like You gave up,,invite it down for a beer and when it's drunk and passing-out show it the nice little couch You built in the cage..It will wake hungover and 50 miles from home. step 2 for method 1,2 and 3; Fix the hole. Do You live in a Northern State? It might kill the little critter if Ya lock it out of its' home in the middle of winter,would be more humane to eat it..Of course if it is what made the hole into Yer house slow torture to death might just be the ticket! Years ago My Dad had a city squirrel He could hand feed..My Brother(also in a city)has 2 squirrels that are very brave,,I named em Stubby and Football..I put peanuts in the shell out and sat for a ciggarette,,Stubby came right up to My bare toes,,the thought arose that a toe looks ALOT like a peanut!! I flinched and Stubby took off like Rocket J Squirrel!! True story... Sorry,I do'nt have a real solution for Ya,,hope the comedy helps.. Dean
Steve Lambert wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:04:35 -0600, "Steve Lambert"

You can make a one way trap door. Google is your friend.
Say, wasn't this one of Aerosmith's less popular early albums?
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
Call Clark W. Griswold.
Steve Lambert wrote:

I cut back the tree that allowed them to get up there - problem solved.
Bob