Squirrel trapped in attic

across the river. After 70+ squirrel relocations one summer I kept count), I'd had enough so I shot the next one I saw. Didn't see a squirrel for months after that. I guess news travels quickly in the squirrel community.

You realize that the folks on other side of the river had hired a service to deal with the spike in squirrel population. They were doing trap and release on the other side of the river.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Scientists who have actually studied this say you're wrong:

And that study with poor survival was done in *summer*, an ideal time compared to winter when it's 10F and they have no nest for shelter. Good grief.

I saw a squirrel running across my fence this morning, ignoring

Yeah and it has a nice 2ft thick nest that it built months ago for shelter. The squirrel you dump off 2 miles away in the middle of nowhere, doesn't. The squirrel in your back yard has some idea where it's buried nuts so it can go look for them, too.

Reply to
trader4

Is that 10 deg F with, or without, wind chill? Squirrels are animate objects unlike inanimate sections of copper pipe, so it makes a big difference. Hehehe.

Reply to
Chilly Wliiy

It's going to get down to 10F with wind chill. Should I wrap my squirrel?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On 18 Feb 2014, micky wrote in alt.home.repair:

They'll be fine because they'll come right back to your attic! I've read that you have to take them 5 - 10 miles away before you can be sure they won't return.

Reply to
Nil

On 18 Feb 2014, Stormin Mormon wrote in alt.home.repair:

I think a nice raccoon coat would be appropriate.

Reply to
Nil