Squirrel trapped in attic

Page 2 of 2
On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:07:57 AM UTC-5, Home Guy wrote:

And squirrels frequently die when that happens, idiot. Just like if you were living in a cabin and were suddenly locked out when it's 0F.
Who should we believe, you or the squirrel rehabilitator:
http://www.squirrel-attic.com/removal.html
" I consider trapping and moving ANY squirrel during the winter a potential death sentence, as they are being moved away from their shelter and from t heir food stores, just when they most desperately need both, and they are g oing to a place which most likely has residents with established territorie s and nest sites who will attempt to repel the intruder. In cases where the homeowner simply cannot leave the squirrel(s) there until spring, they nee d to get them to a rehabilitator who can keep them until it is safe to rele ase them in the spring. "

food <> shelter, idiot. How about we put you out in the woods when it's 0F and snowing and give you a Big Mac. You can't be that dumb and still breathing, but here you are.

I didn't say they needed "special care". I did say that you can't lock an animal out from it's nest in winter when it's 0F and expect it to survive.

So now you're going to tell the squirrel rehabilitators and animal organizations what to do?

The squirrel rehabilitator who actually deals with squirrels says you're wrong.
" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote:

Look you asswipe.
The OP said his squirrels were living for "about a month" in his attic.
Where were they prior to that? It was still winter a month ago.
Where-ever it was - they can go back.
And you know what?
The OP can throw some old furnature stuffing (or buy a bag of synthetic or cotton pillow stuffing) and throw pieces around his yard. The squirrels will gather that stuff up and build new nests with it.
Squirrels are not endangered species and are not worthy (or needy) enough to warrant special handling after trapping / eviction from your attic.
On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:12:53 AM UTC-5, Home Guy wrote:

Don't get so upset because the squirrel rehabilitator agrees with me. It's certainly not the first time you didn't know what you're talking about. You should be used to it.

He probably doesn't know how long they'be been there for sure. Means nothing.

Why don't you go back to whatever crap hole you emerged from? You contribute nothing in the way of home repair knowledge, just OT BS like a true troll. Oh, btw, genius, wherever is the word and it's not hyphenated.

You're not worthy enough to be here either, but here you are, so there's that.

Gee Homeguy what a bitter fool you have turned into. No longer able to carry on a civil discussion. I think you need to learn to use your kill file.
So speaking of NJ and squirrels. We have flat topped fences around the back yard and year round the squirrels love to run back and forth using the top of the fence.
So in last weeks heavy snow, I look at the fence and it has about 6 inches of snow piled up there. So then a squirrel goes by running along the side of the fence about 6 inches from the top. Made me laugh out loud.
--
Dan Espen

I believe there is an organization called P.E.T.A. that can help. That's People Eating Tasty Animals.
You probably got the last one!!