Squirrel attacks in Vermont

Page 1 of 2
[...]
"At least three people on East Street in Bennington say they’ve been attacked by a squirrel over the last few weeks. Kevin McDonald said he was shoveling snow recently when a squirrel jumped onto him. "All of a sudden I felt something on my back and shoulders, scratching," McDonald said."
[...]
"McDonald said the day after he was attacked he saw a neighbor battling a gray squirrel. He later learned that another person on the street had also been attacked."
<http://news.bostonherald.com/news/offbeat/view.bg?articleid 24026>
Add pictures here
βœ–

What has your posting about these attacks by little squirrels got to do with alt.home.repair, Oren? No wonder the Vietnamese kicked the shit out of you.

Add pictures here
βœ–

RABIES, shoot the squirrel.
Add pictures here
βœ–

RABIES, shoot the squirrel.
I was told after being bitten and climbed on by a squirrel I was trying to relocate, I was surprised to learn that squirrels are rarely carriers of rabies:
http://www.veterinaryinsider.com/public/Rabies.cfm
"Rodents, such as rats, mice, and squirrels are not significant carriers of rabies either, since most don't survive encounters with rabies infected animals in the first place."
My doctor said I wouldn't need rabies shots and since that was a few years ago, I guess he was right! The oddest thing about the bite was how many bites per second he got off on me. It was exactly like getting your finger stuck in a sewing machine. They have these huge, razor sharp yet incredibly thin teeth that curve into their jaws like scimitars. Bit my hand, ran up my arm, onto my head and off into the distance. Now I take extra precautions when transporting them to new homes.
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:35:57 -0400, "Robert Green"

I read once that squirrels could have rabies but wouldn't transmit it to people. That still strikes me as change, but I'm not going to go googling to see if it's true.
As to the attacks in Vermont, insurgent Canadian squirrels have been trying to ally with Vermontian squirrels. If successfuly, they intend to march west and take over southern Canada and the northern US.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Andy comments: I shoot squirrels and cook them regularly. Squirrels can transmit to humans any disease they have by biting or bodily fluid infections. . Rabies is very rare, since the squirrel is fairly defenseless against any rabid animal that attacks it ( skunks, raccoons, etc). However tularemia (rabbit fever) is more likely. The first thing I do when dressing out a squirrel is to check it's liver. If it doesn't look healthy, I discard the animal, even tho cooking would kill the bacteria..... I just don't want to mess with diseased animals.
If you were holding, or messing with the squirrel, the biting was a last ditch self defense effort. If you were strolling along and a squirrel blocks your path and challenges you, walk away. Something is bad wrong.
Andy
Add pictures here
βœ–
Mr Pounder wrote:

Uh, no.
The conflict with the North Vietnamese was concluded by a peace treaty (for which Kissinger was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize). The last American combat troops left the South a year before North Vietnam occupied Saigon.
We didn't "lose" the war; we declared the war over and left.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You must be the only one in the world that believes that.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 3/18/2011 10:15 AM, Mr Pounder wrote:

u must be the only one in the world that believes what u just stated.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Awwwww come on, it was the absolute defeat. The best equipped army in the world lost.

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

American lives lost 39k
Vietnamese 1.1 Million.
Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–

We did NOT "lose",we GAVE UP. The US people lost the will to win. We didn't even have the sense to fight an all-out war,we fought with one arm tied behind our backs.(and we still haven't learned that lesson.)
and we had the NV -BEAT-,even their top general(Giap) admitted it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

We did NOT "lose",we GAVE UP. The US people lost the will to win. We didn't even have the sense to fight an all-out war,we fought with one arm tied behind our backs.(and we still haven't learned that lesson.)
and we had the NV -BEAT-,even their top general(Giap) admitted it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
βœ–

The military didn't lose at all. US politicians left the S. Vietnamese out to dry.

Indeed there is.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Jim Yanik wrote:

Cite
Vietnam fought outside powers for a long time. There were the Chinese. Then the French. Then Japan during WW2. Then the French again after the war. The Vietnamese finally won at the battle of Dien Bien Phu. There was a peace treaty with France that set elections and *temporarily* divided the country into North and South. The US got Asian fever with visions of dominoes. Elections were not held because Ho Chi Minh would win - what a surprise. He was the Vietnamese equivalent of George Washington. The US became, in effect, just the latest in a long string of colonial powers.
Robert MacNamara, who was secretary of defense for a good piece of the war, figured out the US could not win the war. Long after the war, he finally figured out it wasn't about dominoes. The Vietnamese were fighting to get the outsiders out so they had their own country - kinda like the US revolutionary war.
We lost because we were on the wrong side.
--
bud--

Add pictures here
βœ–
Mr Pounder wrote:

That's quite possible. Every one else gets their "facts" from the left-leaning news organizations. I get mine from having been one of the last to leave.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Mr Pounder wrote:

Jan 27, 1973 - Cease fire treaty signed in Paris March, 1973 - Last American combat troops leave South Vietnam April 30, 1975 - North Vietnamese army captures Saigon
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes. No "battling" with little squirrels. Battling with a squirrel ffs!

Add pictures here
βœ–

That whole friggin neighborhood is nuts, is it any wonder the squirrels are attacking?

Add pictures here
βœ–

Watch out for Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes.

Add pictures here
βœ–