Squirell Control

Page 3 of 3
on 10/4/2007 10:46 AM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

Fortunately, some municipalities have ordinances for tree removal. Where I once lived it was called The Shade Tree Commission. Healthy trees could only be removed up to a certain distance from the house footprint, or when the tree would interfere with construction. Those developments retained the original trees between houses.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I got rid of the squirrel-in-the-attic problem by pruning back the trees so they can't get on the roof and gutters. They had eaten through the wood gutter to get in the attic.
Bob
wrote

OMIGAWD! Did you go to Catholic school, too?
The DI got in my face during basic. I calmly told him, "You don't scare me. I went to Catholic School."
Steve
wrote

If that's your attitude, then nothing. You've pretty much taken care of things. Good on you.
Steve
on 10/2/2007 6:57 PM malam said the following:

I have never seen a squirrel dig a hole in my yard. That doesn't mean that I doubt that yours are, but it's just curious. The f***in' mother rabbits that dig half softball sized holes in the grass and then squeeze 3 or 4 bunnies in it really piss me off. I mowed up two of them a couple of weeks ago, and relocated the last surviving one in the woods.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

nearly had a breakdown, and then about 5 minutes after she started again, another popped up out of a different hole and was killed. That was 30 years ago, and she still hasn't gotten over it. Of course, when you don't have a garden and the holes are very small, you think bunnies are cute and feel awful when you shred them.
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:19:17 -0400, willshak wrote:

Right now squirrels are harvesting nuts and burying them wherever they can. Around here they prefer my garden and mulched flower beds. They are also busy eating to build body fat before winter. I have Oaks and a Shaggy Bark Chestnut in my back yard. They like to sit above my shed and eat the Chestnuts letting the nut's covering to shower down on the roof of my shed. Come next spring and early summer I will be busy pulling new Oak trees from my flower beds growing from the acorns the squirrels buried this fall.

Just put out a bowl of nuts in the shell.
Bob

local news report tonight, someone killed 5 squirrels, if they are caught its 5 years in jail and a 25 thousand dollar fine

Where's this?