Squeeling faucet

I have a kitchen faucet which is about 10 years old which squeels when the water runs. It is a single-lever delta type.
Step 1... removed the airator (sp?) . no effect.
Step 2 ... I disassembed the whole valve assembly and removed quite a bit of mineral scale (scaping and a bit of vinegar). The rubber seals appear to be in good shape.
I reassembleed and it was quiet.... for about a day!
Any ideas on how to shut this thing up?
-Steve
C & S wrote:

Just a WAG, but is it possible the squeal is being caused by a loose washer in one or both shutoff valves under the sink? AFAIK there isn't much else insifde a Delta single lever faucet which would cause that.
The spray hose diverter valve ccould, but only when the hose is being used.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
FWIW it squeals, with the faucet *and* the spayer. The pitch just changes.
Its not a shutoff. it squeals with all-hot all-cold and a mix.
-Steve

C & S wrote:

Well, I'm as stumped as you are then. Sorry I didn't help.
Please tell us what it was if you finally find out.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I jave the same exact problem with the same faaucet.
Last time I took the diverter valve apart and cleaned it and it was quiet for a few weeks. Note this is the valve that switches the water from the facuet to the hose, not the temerature control valve. You have to remove the faucet assembly to get to it. There is something about that valve that causes the problem. I'd also like to know exactly what it is.
Mark