Squeeky baseboard fix

My HW baseboards were making a woody squeaking and snapping when the heat came on and a less frequent noise when cooling off. I squirted some WD40 around the pipes where they come up through the floor liberly so it ran down the two layers of floor. Now I never hear them. I never heard of this before, one of the random stupid things I do.

Reply to
LSMFT

It sounds like your pipes are rubbing against the floor when the pipe expands , and the WD-40 made less friction between the 2. Hey if it works, good for you. I would have don the same thing

Reply to
Mikepier

Be careful with the oil if you have wood finished flooring. It could stain and bleed under the finish. Another alternative would be to slip a piece of plastic from a milk jug between the pipe and the wood where it's rubbing.

RicodJour