Squeaky floors

I have carpeted second floor bedroom with squeaky floor (only some part of the room)? Is there any easy and not so expensive way to fix it?
Try this:
http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/27-106-stop-floor-squeak/squeek-no-more-kit--108068.aspx
or these: http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?pid 10-TSO You should be able to find trim head screws at your local home center. You will probably need a square drive screewdriver to install them. Try in the closet first to see if they will mangle your carpet.

When I bought new carpeting for my family room, I put in 100 screws wherever there was a squeek. Quiet for 6 months, but now they are coming back.
Good luck.
RayV, how do I know directions of the joist?
Generally, floor joists run perpindicular to the ridge of the roof, but this is not always the case. Check the basement, crawl space or attic; the 2nd floor joists will most likely run the same direction. Or, if you can determine which way the long edge of the drywall seams runs on the ceiling below the joists are probably perpindicular to that seam. Or, try a stud finder on the ceiling below.