Squeaking Floor...Anyone Try Those Braces?

I have a home repair catalog that sells metal braces to be slipped between the floorboards and the supporting joist of a squeaky floor to stop the squeaking. They are toe-nailed into both the joist as well as the floorboard, and in appearance they resemble the letter "F."
Has anyone used these, and do they work? Thanks.
I read about "baby powder".
On 1 Jun 2004 17:23:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mrs. Kerchief) wrote:
=>I have a home repair catalog that sells metal braces to be slipped =>between the floorboards and the supporting joist of a squeaky floor to =>stop the squeaking. They are toe-nailed into both the joist as well =>as the floorboard, and in appearance they resemble the letter "F." => =>Has anyone used these, and do they work? Thanks.

No, no. This is about the fifth year I've posted on this subject, and I found the anti-squeak floor braces in a catalog and on a website called www.improvementscatalog.com. The braces are extremely expensive, four for $14.99. I'd need at least 100, that's why I'm asking.
What's wrong with a squeaking floor? I live, for the first time in a relatively old (125 years) house. The first couple of nights the squaks, creaks, groans etc. made my sleep fitful. Now I only wake up at an extremely loud (my security alarm) noise or something, even a very quiet something, out of the ordinary. A squeaking floor is of a piece with an undone lock of hair, etc. as opposed to hair or clothes plastered or cinched in place:
A sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantonness...
Richard Herbert, I think, 1700s zemedelec
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote in message

Man, I've often quoted poetry on newsgroups, but *NEVER* on alt.home.repair! Oh, wait-- 'Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May/Old Time Is Still A-Flying...'" And for those of us whose floors squeak like the galley of a clipper ship, gathering rosebuds comes hard, because we're so tired from being awoken by the footsteps of others in the night... :)