Squaring an outside door.

I have a patio door that lets cold air in bad in winter and faces North/ It has a fake door on the left, a real door in the middle, and a fake door on the right. ALl one unit. I dont think the door opening in the middle is square. I know I have to take the inside casing off but do I have to take the outside casing off to to shim it? How does the unit itself attach to the house? Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Reply to
Don

Sounds like you need to take off the interior casing, and exterior brick mold. That will expose the frame of the unit, which is nailed to the house framing with shims. You'll probably have to re-shim it.

Buy a few cans of the low-expansion spray foam to fill in the gaps after you're done.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson