SquareD QO Breaker identification

I have an old SquareD breaker panel (QOC20W) from circa 1983 that I need to get a breaker for.

The new QO breakers aren't the same QO breakers that fit inside this box. The newer ones have a "hook" on one end and a pair of "clamps" at the other end. The older ones that are in this box have a pair of "clamps" at both ends that are rotated 90 degrees from each other.

I'm looking for the part number of a tandem breaker (much like their QOT2020's, but instead of a "hook" at one end, another pair of "clamps".)

Any idea what to ask for and where to get it? I've scrounged all around SquareD's ecatalog.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jon Guidry

Home Depot has both kinds. The old-style 2020's are in separate packages rather than loose in cases, and are a lot more expensive. I believe it's only the tandem breakers that have that hook thing, and it's to prevent you from using them in an old box (and maybe to keep you from using too many of them in some new boxes)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I just bought a single pole 20 amp QO at Lowes for a circa 1974 house. It had the prongs as you described.

Tandem breakers usually have a restrictive device to prevent you from installing more than a few of them per panel box. I wasn't aware any changes to the QO series.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I just purchased the same thing at Home Depot. I got standard and tantum breakers for my box. House build 1983.

Reply to
LCZ

The tandems do have an extra hook. You have to put them in the right slots. Some take them others won't.

Reply to
Greg