Square D "homeline" vs. "QO"

Is there really a big quality difference between these two? The prices for the load centers is quite a bit different. I'm talking for residential service here.
thanks,
--
Steve Barker

QO is a bit better in quality........homeline is square d's attempt to compete with the ITE, seimans etc... type breakers.
I wouldnt consider homeline a square d...if you want square d buy the QO
Someone told me that Square-D should be ashamed to put their name on the "Homeline" line -- that they were cheap crap to compete on price with the other cheap and crappy brands.
Perce
On 04/02/06 02:02 pm Steve Barker LT wrote:

QO is their better line and Homeline is their garden variety residential line, which is physically compatible with several other brands, like ite, siemens, murray, bryant, westinhouse, and ge

Theres a advantage with compatability/ If one maker goes belly up you can still buy breakers from someone else
Hey, I don't have a problem with em!!

I do.
In a simple four breaker box supplying a cooktop, over the past 12 years, three of the four SD Homelines have fried so they won't reset.
In fact, as far as I can recall, they've fried on the first time they've had to trip.
Fuses are cheaper thank you very much.
[Next time one fries, I'm going to replace the whole thing with a Siemens.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
I'm not sure that they're compatible with Canadian electricity

Yeah, the electrons talk with a funny accent.
[Of course they're compatible. We use the same electrical standards.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est