Square D electrical panel question

Page 5 of 15

Depends on the kind of wire to your house. Mine does as you say.
--
A man goes to the Doctor and says "Doctor I think my wife's been dead for two weeks."
"Dead for two weeks, how did you work that out?"
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 4:21:41 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Asked and answered.
PITA
On 03/12/2016 03:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[snip]

Put it in the coffee. That's supposed to be ground.
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 13:37:32 -0600, Muggles

Just slip on a hat and get on with your life
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/crystal%20mtn/Florida%20boy%20in%20Michigan.jpg

}}}}}
I guess the fur on your face does the trick.
--
Maggie

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 19:33:22 -0600, Muggles

Yup it puts me over. That was really a joke shot for my family because I pretty much never change out of those clothes no matter how cold it gets in Florida. If I have a shirt on it is winter and if they ever see me in long pants it is time to cover up the plants and worry about your pipes freezing. I actually can survive longer than most people in the cold. I really thought of putting on my skis and shooting a video going by. The kids were freaking out.

Guess you're REALLY warm blooded!
BTW, LOVE the hat and gloves.
--
Maggie

You need to climb into a Square D electrical panel to get warmed up. And hang onto the ground wire.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nice to be able to stand cold, like that. Now that I'm getting elderly, I need to bundle up.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Coming up on 70 here.

For me, it's more about humidity than temperature. I'm usually quite comfortable during the Minnesota winter, mainly because the humidity is so low.
On 3/13/2016 1:21 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

I talked to Army guy from Alaska, one time. Western NYS gets near zero F now and again, and I really freeze to the core. Asked how he could tolerate the -70 or so that Alaska does now and again. He said it was the humidity, western NYS is humid, Alaska is dry.

You can get used to any temperature. Keep wrapping up warm and moaning about it and you won't. Walk around topless in winter and you'll quickly get used to it.
--
Paddy and his wife are lying in bed and the neighbours' dog is barking like mad in the garden.
Paddy says "To hell with this!" and storms off.

That works fine up to a point, then you just go into hypothermia and shock ensues. Fall in the North Sea in winter and I give you minutes. When I was in the North Atlantic in December they said that -2c water would immobilize you in about 2-3

Utter bullshit. The commonly quoted figure is in fact 15 minutes for 0C. -5C would be 7.5 minutes, it halves for every 5C. But even that is complete and utter shite. There have been studies done, and it actually takes 2 HOURS to cool the body enough to kill it at 0C. Have you never tried swimming in winter? Have you never fallen through ice or known someone who has? Have you never seen Russians going for an ice swim? They most certainly don't get out after a minute. I go swimming in 0C water myself, and I don't even start shivering until I've been in for 30 minutes, so to say that a few minutes is deadly is absolutely stupid.
--
Complete with obligatory low frequency bass, electrically recorded on a four track in two hours. This has enough power to destroy the most expensive washing machine.

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 4:29:25 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

an.jpg

That is way too much of an oversimplification.
Yes, it's dryer in AK so the cold doesn't feel quite so bad, but you don't go out in -70°F dressed like it's 0°F in western NY. You don't really "tolerate" it like you can tolerate 0°
At those temps you wear full artic gear with no exposed skin:
http://thulegreenlandsite.com/images/full-arctic-gear.jpg
According to this chart, temperatures as relatively "warm" as -40°F with 15 MPH winds can result is frostbite in under 5 minutes.
http://www.atc.army.mil/weather/windchill.pdf
The coldest temps I've experienced were -35°F with 30 MPH winds while in the USCG in AK. All we did was dress up, go outside for a few minutes, say "OK, done that" and go back inside. Our beer froze before we could finish it anyway.
Going out to toss a Frisbee around at temps below 0° was fairly common. Having family and friends mail up spares was also fairly common. Frisbees tend to get rather brittle at those temps.

chigan.jpg

te

y is

Only if you're a pathetic sissy.

on.

ees

-- It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go "Aaaaaaagghhhh!!!!" and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.

Anybody can withstand cold, it's called being warm blooded, all mammals are warm blooded. And actually it increases your immune system and burns calories. It's bad for you to keep warm all the time.
--
If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

It really comes down to your ability to regulate the temperature in your body. I tend to hold heat in my core so I don't seem to be cold for quite a while but the flip side of that is it makes me more susceptible to frost bite in my extremities.

Everybody has the ability, but a lot of people moan about nothing. You shiver when you lose 1 to 2C of heat. You need to lose SEVENTEEN C of heat to die. So stop worrying about it. Shivering doesn't mean you're too cold, it STOPS you getting too cold.
--
When you own Llamas... spit happens