Square D arc fault breaker recall

15 and 20 A QO and Homeline AFI breakers made from 3-1-'04 to 9-23-'04 are being recalled by the parent company Schneider Electric. Since many electrical codes now require these in bedroom circuits, if you have any concerns that your new system might be involved, the hotline number is 877-202-9046. News releases mentioned Schneider Electric (the parent company) but not the Square D brand in our local paper. The recall also affects our Northern neighbors in Canada. Do a Google search like "Schneider Electric circuit breaker recall" for more details on other brands. These are very pricey breakers and the recall is said to cover parts and labor. New units are claimed to be completely trouble free. Good luck to all of you who may be involved.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst